M. Demajo (Timbers) Limited, a market leader in the local scene with decades of experience in the flooring sector, is seeking to recruit a General Manager with previous experience in a Senior Management role within the Timber, Carpentry and Flooring Parquet Industry. We are looking for a person who will lead the Team whilst exemplifying what the Group’s core values entail and ensuring that Company’s standards are maintained. If you would like to move a step forward in your career, this is the right opportunity for you.
The chosen General Manager will be responding directly to the Managing Director, and will be responsible for the following duties, amongst others:
- Championing innovation and growth by expanding and developing the current product portfolio and onboarding new clients and guaranteeing an increase in the Year-on-Year gross profit contribution;
- Actively analysing the company’s KPIs and pushing to increase the monthly/annual sales turnover and GP contribution;
- Regularly monitoring payments from debtors;
- Operating within the agreed cash flow projections;
- Holding regular meetings with the Managing Director to evaluate the company’s results and comparing them to established objectives;
- Taking any appropriate and timely measures to ensure that the company is on the right track;
- Maintaining the Company’s operations under constant review and presenting financial progress reports including comparative data, charts and graphs to the Managing Director;
- Ensuring that clients are kept satisfied and that they are offered an optimum level of customer service, whilst maintaining a strong level of quality and commitment;
- Retaining staff motivation and morale and ensuring that all personnel’s performance standards are consistently maintained.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years in a Senior Management role within the Timber/Carpentry and Flooring Parquet industry;
- A track record of successful team leadership and performance management;
- Resilience and creativity in finding solutions to issues;
- Ability to take independent technical decisions;
- Track record in planning, planning, strategy and delivering on objectives;
- Be Sales savvy, customer focused and analytical;
- Fluency in both written and spoken Maltese and English;
- Ability to technically mentor others;
- A valid driving license.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills; • Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Competency in problem solving, team building, and decision making. All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.