Newtech Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a full time IT Repair Specialist to join its current Service Centre team. The ideal candidate must be a tech-savvy individual who takes pride in his/her work and is passionate about technology especially hardware.
Newtech Limited is one of the leading companies in the IT Hardware & Tech market, therefore the chosen candidate will be mostly working on devices from international vendors such as Lenovo, Acer, MSI & Razer amongst many others. He/she will be working directly with clients and will be expected to provide outstanding customer service and an excellent quality standard.
Main duties will include:
- Providing service and customer support as a representative of Newtech Servicing Centre;
- Managing on/off-site installations, repairs, maintenance, deployments, commissioning, and testing tasks;
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions;
- Communicating with customers, vendors, and handling service centre cycle/processes;
- Providing professional technical servicing for all Vendors represented by Newtech, including but not limited to Lenovo, Acer, Razer, MSI, APC, Microsoft, etc;
- Inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing IT products;
- Installing Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Linux amongst others;
- Communicating with customers, providing repair progress and/or updates;
- Upkeeping and organising of service centre area overall;
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have two years’ experience as an IT Technician or a similar role;
- Have qualifications in Electronics / IT (MQF Level 5 or more);
- Have experience in troubleshooting and repairing IT products including (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, smartphones and more);
- Have good knowledge of the company’s products and in-depth view of upcoming technologies;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Have strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Be customer oriented with good interpersonal skills;
- Be proactive, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise tasks accordingly;
- Be mature and have a smart appearance;
- Be outgoing and motivated;
- Be an effective team member.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.