Special Interest Travel Limited a subsidiary within the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a full-time Business Development Manager to generate demand, manage the incoming demand and report on the ROI for all lead generation programs.
The chosen candidate will also be accountable for the management of business matters related to achieving and exceeding goals and targets approved by the Board of Directors and to develop/support the operations of the company and the necessary reporting processes, by taking on a leadership role.
Reporting to the General Manager, the chosen candidate will be:
- Creating mutually successful partnerships with all suppliers and clients by creating strong relationships and ensuring an effective negotiation process thus maximizing the potential profit margins for the company;
- Planning, implementing and evaluating the Company’s business demands and achievements against targets in order to ensure a pro-active plan, which can be developed to address shortfalls in any specific segment;
- Managing the contracting process together with the General Manager for all suppliers and clients;
- Managing the reporting process to ensure that accurate and up to date information is available for monthly sales meetings;
- Creating and following business rules and pursuing the marketing and sales channel, thus ensuring full accountability for all lead generating activities;
- Creating enquiries and qualified leads to support the sales forecast for the company on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis;
- Recommending techniques to the management thus increasing the number of qualified enquirers who respond to the company’s promotional efforts.
- Willing to travel on sales trips and fairs in order to promote the company and Malta as a destination.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ working experience within a Business Development environment or similar within the Hospitality Industry (Destination Management Company / Hotel);
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills;
- Have sales expertise in the tourism industry;
- Possess identified prospects and generated referrals for business opportunities.
- Be conversant and able to work with CRM systems, CMS of websites, blogging and working within an online marketing environment;
- Be proficient in making outbound calls to business clients and build rapport in a professional manner;
- Have a proven sales track record and experience in customer support;
- Be an ambitious and energetic individual;
- Be driven and able to take initiative;
- Possess excellent communication, negotiation, time management and planning skills;
- Be able to build rapport and to market knowledge;
- Be proficient in English.
Languages spoken will be considered an asset.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.