M. Demajo (Services) Limited, a subsidiary within the M. Demajo Group, is currently seeking to recruit a proactive, meticulous, and responsible Accounts Executive.
Whilst performing general accounting and maintaining accounting records the selected candidate will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting general ledgers, including posting of Journal entries;
- Posting income and expenditure records by Department / Cost Centre;
- Posting and allocating purchase ledger (Creditors) payments;
- Posting the monthly bank and cash vouchers into the respective general ledger accounts taking into consideration the proper coding of VAT and Cost Centre allocation;
- Assisting in the End-of-Month and End-of-Year processes;
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns and other VAT related declarations;
- Preparing and completing national statistics reports;
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation for annual financial audits;
- Ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for;
- Informing the Finance Manager about any discrepancies or deviations from accounting policies and procedures;
- Preparing monthly reconciliations and drawing up reports as necessary;
- Consulting with the Finance Manager to improve efficiency and quality of service.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- have a minimum of 3 years’ experience;
- already studying ACCA;
- have excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English;
- possess good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- be influencing and persuasive;
- be organized, methodical and have an eye for detail;
- be an effective team player.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.