Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 22nd February 2020
Special Interest Travel (SIT) is seeking to recruit a Travel & Tourism Sales Executive to join its growing MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events) and Group Travel Division.
The main function of the role is to maximize revenue opportunities by driving sales leads and increasing conversions whilst maintaining customer satisfaction. The role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Soliciting new and existing accounts to exceed revenue goals;
- Preparing and delivering appropriate presentations on products/services;
- Preparing contracts and proposals following solicitation of clients;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key clients;
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Achieving sales activities and all objectives outlined in the annual sales plan;
- Utilizing computer software applications to effectively track and follow up on accounts;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of market trends, competition and customers;
- Negotiating/closing deals and handling complaints.
Interested candidates must:
- Have previous experience in Sales within the travel and tourism industry;
- Be team players with a positive and energetic attitude and enjoy working in the travel and tourism industry;
- Have sales acumen coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Be well-organized and possess good time management skills;
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Be able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive and take initiative;
- Have a professional disposition and must maintain grooming standards;
- Have excellent persuading, influencing and negotiating skills;
- Have excellent problem-solving and decision making skills;
- Be fluent in English and French;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Possess a clean driving licence;
- Be willing to work flexible hours and to travel overseas.
Communication skills in any other language and the possession of a car, will be considered as assets.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidence.