Closing Date: 22nd November 2021
A vacancy has arisen for the position of a Technical Specialist within Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, a subsidiary company within the M. Demajo Group. Joseph Cachia & Son Limited, besides representing world renowned brands, supplies, distributes and maintains money handling equipment, queuing systems, noise and air monitoring equipment to commercial and industrial entities. Furthermore, the company has a fully-trained technical team providing a 24-hour round the clock maintenance and support service. Joseph Cachia & Son Ltd has also developed strong business relationships with leading suppliers some of whom it has teamed up with, to successfully bid for large-scale tenders involving complex infrastructural projects in the field of energy, the environment and security.
Based in Malta and reporting directly to the Operations Manager - Technical & Sales Division, the selected candidate will be installing, configuring and supporting electro-mechanical equipment and automation machines, particularly Note/Coin Deposit/Recycling Machines, Air Monitoring Equipment and Queuing Systems. The role also involves preventive maintenance routines and troubleshooting on all machines that are supplied by the company.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a minimum of 2 years experience supporting mechanical and electronic equipment;
- Have a Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and /or Mechanical Engineering (MQF level 4 would be desirable);
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- Possess a good level of verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Be reliable, possess a clean police conduct certificate and driving licence;
- Be able to work in a team and possess good organizational skills with an eye for detail;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be willing to work on-call (on rotation basis);
- Be willing to travel abroad for training purposes.
Candidates possessing a good level of verbal and written communication skills in Maltese will be given preference.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, together with an on-call allowance.
All personal details will be treated in strict confidence.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their curriculum vitae to the Head of Human Resources via email on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference JCS – TS 10/21.