Closing Date: 21 November 2022
M.Demajo (Services) Limited, a subsidiary within the M. Demajo Group, is currently seeking to recruit a proactive Junior Legal Counsel to act as a first point of reference for legal oversight, to facilitate the business of the Group’s subsidiaries by servicing the corporate and other legal requirements, and act as the link between the Group and the Data Protection Commissioner.
Reporting to the Directors of the M. Demajo (Services) Limited, the selected candidate will be performing the following main duties amongst others:
- Providing support and advice to the Group’s Senior Management and members of the Board on the proceedings of the Board during, and in-between, sessions
- Organizing Board meetings, set agendas and solutions to various substantive, procedural and organizational questions pertaining to the business of the Board.
- Contributing to other policy work on organizational governance, strategy, and accountability issues.
- Drafting and reviewing outlines of reports and papers prepared for the Board.
- Handling all duties pertaining to the role of Company Secretary as outlined in the Malta’s Companies Act.
- Furnishing the information demanded such as the official receiver in the case of the winding up of the company or to the Registry of Companies in the event the Company is under investigation.
- Submitting a variety of documents to the Registry of Companies.
- Acting as an interface between the Board and Management and to communicate with external stakeholders, such as investors, and to act as a first point of contact for queries.
- Ensuring that all returns and documents of the company are prepared and registered with MFSA and other regulatory entities within the requirements of the Act.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of the Maltese Company Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of corporate governance methods.
- Excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- 2 years of professional work experience.
- A Degree level of Education in Law. A University degree in any field will be considered an asset, as will any diplomas or certificates relating to company secretarial duties and related governance.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.