Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
Newtech Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit an IT Technician & Administrator. The chosen candidate will be forming part of the technical division and will be reporting directly to the General Manager.
S/he will be responsible for the deployment and support of multiple environments and providing first-line support, installations, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in telecommunication technician roles, computer repairs and support roles;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work on own initiative and without supervision;
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Be an effective team member;
- Be able to learn new technologies according to the business needs and to attend training when required;
- Possess own transport and a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate must also have knowledge of:
- Advanced hardware components, servicing and diagnostics;
- Advanced data and voice/telephony components, servicing and diagnostics;
- General software components and diagnostics;
- Imaging OS and software systems;
- Deployment projects;
- Gaming systems and components;
- Basic software and database;
- Terminal services platforms;
- Advanced networking concepts and Cisco equipment;
- Advanced electrical components, servicing and diagnostics;
- Physical Security concepts and equipment (CCTV, Fire, Alarm);
- Cyber Security concepts and equipment.
Experience with O365, Azure Management, 3CX Systems and Cisco Unified Communications will be considered an asset.
Applicants in possession of, or in the process of attaining certificates in relation to ITIL, A+, CCNA and MCSA will be given preference.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.