Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 3rd June 2021
Newtech Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a full time IT Technician to join its current Service Centre team. The ideal candidate must be a tech-savvy individual who takes pride in his/her work and passionate about technology especially hardware.
Since Newtech Limited, is one of the leading companies in the IT Hardware & Tech market, the chosen candidate will be mostly working on devices from international Vendors such as Lenovo, Acer, MSI & Razer amongst many others. He/she will be working directly with clients and will be expected to provide outstanding customer service and excellent quality standard.
Main duties will include:
- Providing service and customer support as representative of Newtech Servicing Centre
- Managing on/off-site installations, repairs, maintenance, deployments, commissioning, and testing tasks;
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions;
- Communicating with customers, vendors, and handling service centre cycle/processes;
- Providing professional technical servicing for all Vendors represented by Newtech, including but not limited to Lenovo, Acer, Razer, MSI, APC, Microsoft, etc;
- Inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing IT products;
- Installing Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Linux amongst others;
- Communicating with customers providing repair progress and/or updates;
- Upkeeping and organising of service centre area overall;
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an IT Technician or a similar role;
- Qualification in Electronics / IT (MQF Level 5 or more);
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing IT products including (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, smartphones and more);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Customer oriented with good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and as part of a team;
- An eye for detail with a strong drive to achieve work success;
- Good knowledge of the company’s products and in-depth view of upcoming technologies;
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.