Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 21st December 2019
Special Interest Travel (SIT) is seeking to recruit a Groups Operations & Events Coordinator to join its fast growing MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events) and Group Travel Division.
This key position within these departments requires direct involvement with different clients in both selling and event organization. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the MICE Division Manager / Business Development Manager and will be performing the following main duties amongst others:
- Driving sales including building and maintaining relationships with new and established clients;
- Developing new business opportunities;
- Handling requests and follow ups;
- Handling site visits, finalize arrangements and logistics;
- Coordinating with various companies to ensure a smooth running of the group operations.
Interested candidates must:
- Be team players with a positive and energetic attitude who enjoy being with people;
- Have sales acumen coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Be well-organized and possess good time management skills;
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Be able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive and take initiative;
- Have a professional disposition and must maintain grooming standards;
- Be fluent in English and French;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Possess a clean driving licence;
- Be willing to work flexible hours and to travel overseas.
Communication skills in any other language and the possession of a car, will be considered as assets.
Previous experience in the field and in coordinating group travel, will also be considered as assets, however full training will be provided.
All personal data will be treated in strict confidence.