Closing Date: 9th October 2021
The M. Demajo Group is seeking to recruit a Full-Time Assistant Financial Controller to join one of its subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the selected candidate will be accountable for Financial Reporting, Month-end and Year-end Processing, Bookkeeping Supervision, Fixed Asset Register Maintenance, General Banking and other areas as mentioned below.
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and cash forecasts;
- Preparing annual and periodic product costing budgets.
- Recording fixed assets acquisitions/disposals and track expenditure during asset construction;
- Analysing stock holding levels and reporting to Group Financial Controller about risks and opportunities;
- Assisting and/or leading all ERP projects.
- Ensuring policy adherence: for finished goods stock levels, production to stock and for recycling/disposal of rejected materials;
- Performing internal audits and ensuring compliance to internal control framework.
- Identifying areas of cost reductions and operational improvements;
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets;
- Vetting payment proposals;
- Assisting plant production planning and operations management in evaluating cost effective solutions;
- Preparing end of month and year-end accounting and profitability analysis reports;
- Producing management accounts and internal reporting.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and other VAT related declarations;
- Preparing and completing national statistics reports;
- Assisting external auditors in carrying out the financial audit of the company;
- Preparing and submitting annual general insurance declarations and ensuring compliance to general insurance policies.
- Fully managing the accounts payable process, ledger review and analysis of debit balances;
- Preparing and posting accounting / inventory journals;
- Processing petty cash and card payments;
- Follow-up on the timely closure of Production Orders.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a minimum of two years’ proven experience in Accounting;
- Hold a Degree in Accountancy, ACCA or in its final stages;
- Be competent in Influencing and Impact (including Conflict Management) and Project Management;
- Possess excellent communication and IT skills;
- Have strong analytic thinking and problem-solving aptitudes;
- Be action orientated and a positive team player;
- Be resourceful and committed to quality;
- Be approachable and self-motivated;
- Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their curriculum vitae via email on email@example.com to the Head of Human Resources, quoting the job reference MDG – AFC 09/21.